Israel Innovation Authority and Brazilian Agency for Research and Industrial Innovation (EMBRAPII)
Grants to Israel and Brazil companies and research institutions for collaborative research and development projects in the areas of life science, agriculture, IoT, and Energy. Applicants must submit an expression of interest form before applying. Funding is intended to support highly innovative processes or products with clear commercial potential, that are mutually beneficial for the Brazilian and Israeli companies and economies, and reflect complementarities (technological or other) between the project partners.
The purpose of the Industrial R&D Program between The Brazilian Agency for Research and Industrial Innovation (EMBRAPII) and the Israel Innovation Authority is to support greater collaboration among Brazilian and Israeli companies and researchers.
The general objectives of the 1st Call for Proposals are primarily to ensure that the selected projects:
1. Create close and direct working relationship between the 2 jurisdictions' innovation agencies
2. Benefit the economies of Brazil and Israel;
3. Generate fruitful and long term alliances between organizations and companies involved in research and innovation in Brazil and in Israel;
4. Highlight the complementary strengths of Brazil and Israel for the mutual benefit of both parties;
5. Help both agencies to achieve their strategic objectives.
For eligible technology sectors and subsectors, program requirements, and a list of allowable expenses, see the Guidelines document in Supporting Documents below.
GrantWatch ID#: 184888
Funding from EMBRAPII:
- EMBRAPII: Maximum of 1/3 of Brazilian project costs
- Brazilian Companies: At least 1/3 of Brazilian project costs
- EMBRAPII Units: The remaining Brazilian project costs, up to 1/3 of the total
Maximum award from Israel Innovation Authority: typically up to 50% of the Israeli R&D cost + regional (development zones) incentives.
The program will support large-scale collaboration projects for up to 24 months.
Upon approval, Israeli companies will be entitled to 12 months of financial support, and will be eligible for a second year of funding subject to review of the project milestones.
Eligible Brazil applicants are:
1. Brazilian companies of any size, registered, based and operating in Brazil.
2. Research institutions accredited as EMBRAPII Units and Poles are eligible to participate and use the resources of EMBRAPII, observing the required participation of one Brazilian company.
Eligible Israel applicants are:
1. R&D performing companies of any size, registered, based and operating in Israel
2. Research institutions as subcontractors to eligible companies
The participation of at least one company from each country is mandatory.
Research institutes and other companies may participate as partners or subcontractors in the cooperation project, respecting the financing rules of each country.
Process and Timeline:
- Program announcement: November, 2018
- Call for proposals launched: November 28th, 2018
- Phase 1: Expression of Interest: Please complete an Expression of interest form (EOI) (available below via downloads) and email the form by June 2nd, 2019, to Mr. Alan Hofman.
- Phase 2: Funding Application: Due by June 12, 2019
- Evaluation of projects submitted (by the two Parties): July 2019
- Joint committee to approve projects: August, 2019
Applicants must complete and submit all of the following:
1. The Joint Bilateral Cooperative Application Form included at Appendix A.
2. For Israeli companies only: in addition to Appendix A above, Israeli companies must submit the Israel Innovation Authority Funding Application
Please attach the EOI form to the funding application under “additional attachments”. After submitting the funding application, please email Mr. Alan Hofman the file number you receive, or your company number.
Instructions on how to submit the Israel Innovation Funding Application:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please complete an Expression of interest form (EOI) and email the form by April 18th, 2019, to Mr. Alan Hofman, Alan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply Online (Hebrew only):
Alan Hofman, Program Manager - Latin America Desk
Israel Innovation Authority
Customer Service - Klita
Israel Innovation Authority
+55-61 3772 1030
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.