Foundation / Corporation
Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation
03/19/19 - For Freddy Fund Grants; Freddy Fund 360 Grants are offered on a rolling basis from October through March.
Scholarships to Rochester area, New York teens for organized trips and educational programs in Israel. The Foundation offers two types of needs-based grants: a one-time gift for all teens enrolled in organized trips to Israel and grants for teens participating in organized trips and gap year programs in Israel.
The Foundation is offering the following two types of grants:
- Freddy Fund Grants: a one-time, needs-based financial assistance to teens ages 15-19 or in grades 9-12 that enroll in an organized teen travel or gap year program in Israel.
- Freddy Fund 360: a one-time gift of $360 to those enrolled in an organized Israel travel program lasting a minimum of three weeks.
It is the hope of the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation that the Freddy Fund will serve to increase the number of Jewish teens in the greater Rochester area who are able to participate in an immersive travel/study program in Israel.
GrantWatch ID#: 169650
Eligibility for the Freddy Fund Grant:
- Teens must consider themselves Jewish.
- Teens must be between the ages of 15-19 or in grades 9-12.
- Teens must reside in Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Yates, Seneca, Wyoming, Livingston, Genesee, or Orleans counties.
- Teens must attend a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organized Teen Israel Travel or Gap Year Program.
- Teens are only eligible to participate in the program one time.
Eligibility for Freddy Fund 360:
-Teens enrolled in an organized teen travel program to Israel lasting a minimum of three weeks.
Freddy Fund Grant:
- A one-time needs-based financial assistance to teens that enroll in an organized teen travel program to Israel.
- Applications for Freddy Fund financial assistance grants will be available through the community application, which is open from 10/22/18 - 11/12/18 to 2/25/19 - 3/13/19.
Freddy Fund 360 Grant:
- A one-time gift of $360 to all teens enrolled in an organized teen travel program to Israel.
- Applications are available on a rolling basis from October through March.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply here: https://farash.fluxx.io/user_sessions/new
Director of Grants and Programs
Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester
441 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
USA: New York: Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Yates, Seneca, Wyoming, Livingston, Genesee, or Orleans counties.