Embassy of Belgium in Tel Aviv
Scholarships to Israel students who wish to pursue academic studies at universities in Belgium. Undergraduate students may apply for short-term French language courses taking place during the summer term. Graduate students may apply for longer-term programs taking place during the upcoming academic year.
The French-speaking Community of Belgium, Wallonia-Brussels grants a few scholarships every year to Israeli students who wish to follow a summer course in French or to pursue their academic studies for a limited period of time in a Belgian University.
Summer courses are intended for students who are studying for their BA and who have already some knowledge of the French language. The other scholarships are offered to students who have completed their MA.
Three types of programs are proposed:
- Summer Language Course - this is a French language course in the summer (3 weeks program)
There are two types of summer scholarships:
- Summer scholarships for future teachers of French as a foreign language. The courses are given at the Université Catholique de Louvain la Neuve. Date of the course: to be confirmed.
- Summer scholarships for students who wish to improve their level of French. The courses are given at the Université Libre de Bruxelles. Date of the course: to be confirmed.
- Research scholarship - this is a research program in French Literature (5 months program)
- One academic year, M.A/Research/PH.D/Post.Doc - these are scholarships granted for specialization programs in the humanities, sciences, arts, European studies, etc.
Candidates should note that:
- Travel expenses (plane tickets) are paid by the student.
- Tuition fees for certain special programs offered by Belgian universities (principally in English) are higher than the standard university fees. In such cases, the grant does not exceed the standard university fees, and the student will have to pay the difference. Since this difference may be significant, candidates are advised to clarify the matter with the university they want to register to. When in doubt, it is preferable to contact the Embassy before registering.
GrantWatch ID#: 164777
The summer scholarship comprises tuition fees and an allowance of approximately 330 Euros.
The long term scholarship (Research scholarship and Specialization scholarship) comprises tuition fees equivalent to the standard university tuition fees, as well as a monthly allowance to cover accommodation and other expenses (826.73 euros per month). The grant holder is insured by a medical insurance.
The Summer Language Course takes place over 3 weeks in the summer.
Research scholarships take place over 5 months.
Specialization scholarships take place over one academic year.
Scholarships are made to Israeli students.
Summer scholarships 3 weeks are granted to students who have successfully finished at least two years of study in a higher education institute and who already have some knowledge of the French language.
Research scholarships are granted to university graduates (MA).
Specialization scholarships are made to MA graduates.
Please note: The Flemish Community will not grant scholarships for the coming academic year 2019-2020, and until further notice. Please check that you have applied for a program/university that belongs to the French Community of Belgium.
The deadline for sending application files for the academic year 2019-2020 is January 31, 2019.
Please use the appropriate application form:
1. Application procedure for short summer scholarship (three weeks program)
2. Application procedure for long-term scholarship (5 months research scholarship or one academic year program)
A list of Belgian universities may be found here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For any specific questions you may have concerning studying in Belgium, please contact Ms Leslie Strosberg at the Belgian Embassy: email@example.com.
You can send the application files to the following address:
Embassy of Belgium
Abba Hillel 12
52506 Ramat Gan